A Project by the Texas Civil Justice League
Judicial races are “down ballot.” What this means is that they’re typically at the end of a very long list of items needing voters’ attention. The Texas Civil Justice League is reminding Texans that ballot fatigue is bad for our state — we are urging voters to become educated and to vote all the way through their ballots. Join us and help your circle of influence understand that:
- Judges are important. They have a direct impact on citizens, perhaps more than any other elected official, because they make decisions that can affect jobs, homes, children and personal freedoms.
- Voters must take the responsibility to educate themselves about judicial races. And they must vote! Turnout is important, for both the primaries and the general election.
- Texans need to elect judges who are fair, impartial and well qualified. It’s easy to run as a single-issue candidate, but judges with activist agendas are not good for Texas. Learn about the people on your ballot and vote for the ones who will do a great job for our state.
The Texas Civil Justice League (TCJL) hosts this statewide voter education effort to increase awareness about the importance of electing –and re-electing — qualified judges. We need your help.
As Texans, we get to elect our judges. That’s a big responsibility. Help us urge people to do their homework, to go to the polls, and to vote for good people who will make great judges.
Sites hosted by Texas Civil Justice League or TCJL PAC
- Current judicial articles & info
- Political event & fundraising event info
- Election & legislative session info
- TCJL PAC endorsements & press releases
- Statewide, house & senate race candidates
- Texas appellate/Supreme Court judges
- Judicial articles and info
- Judicial candidate race info
- Texas Supreme Court judge races
- Texas Court of Criminal Appeals races
- Texas District Courts of Appeals races
- Texas court structure & election history